Saturday, October 22, 2011

October 22, 2011

So, Wednesday, I rode the spin bike at the pool for 1 hour while I coached my Senior Group.  I was planning on 8 miles Thursday morning, but Jenni's sister and brother in law came to visit, so we ended up visiting with them till around 11pm on Wednesday night.  I slept in, so I could be my best at school on Thursday, but I brought my running clothes with me.  I ran 3 miles with my swimmers before swim practice at 6:46 pace on a gravel levy.  I have done that run many, many times, and that was my fastest by almost a minute, so I was very happy with it.\

No workout Friday.

Today, I ran 4 miles while my swimmers ran 3.  I ran a comfortable out and back that was 15:04/15:04 for a 7:32 pace.  I was planniing on another 6 after the kids left, but when I started, my calf felt really tight, and with 7+ months till the race, I felt it wiser to not risk hurting myself.

So, I'm definitely getting more consistent with my training, and my running is getting better despite not getting high mileage in yet.

One of my masters swimmers said, she thought I made this blog sound like I don't enjoy my training.  That is not what I'm trying to get across.  I LOVE WORKING OUT!  And I really love being as fit or more so at 37 than when I was in high school.

What I do want to emphasize is that it is my goal to be MY BEST at EVERYTHING I do, and not neglect things because of something else.  I hope this makes sense.

Tomorrow's plan is a 50 mile bike ride, then some wine tasting with friends.  Should be an AWESOME DAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment