Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Training Begins

So, I have begun my training towards Ironman Texas.  Recently I have been running on Saturdays with my swimmers (when we don't have meets) which amounts to 3-4 miles.  This was about the extent of it until I signed up for Ironman Texas.

Last week, I got up at 6:00am on Tuesday and ran 4 miles at 7:15 pace.  I then was to school by 7:45am, taught until 3:05 then to the pool to run swim practice from 4-7:45, then home by 8:10 or so.

Thursday, I was very tired from the 15 hour day on Wednesday, so I slept in then went straight to school.  When I got home from swim practice at 8:10, I immediately changed into my running gear, and Jenni and I went for a 3.3 mile run, which she said "I don't want to go easy, but not 6:30 pace either."  Well, we didn't go 6:30 pace, it was 6:36 pace.  Not a bad workout after a long day.

My next workout was Saturday.  I had a swim meet until 2:30ish, but it was just in Lodi (6-7 miles from home), so when I got home, I changed and ran 8.27 miles at 7:39 pace.  Not too bad since all I had consumed until that point was a coffee, 1/4 of a muffin, a hot dog, chips, and a cookie, plus some water.  Needless to say, the run hurt!

Sunday was the meet again, so when I got home around 2:30, I went for a 29 mile bike ride with Jenni (which totalled 104 miles for her as she is racing Ironman Arizona in Nov.)

My next workout was today.  I got up at 5:50 and was out the door around 6am for a 6.05 mile run.  I felt pretty good, and ended up running 7:09 /mile pace, which may be my best for that distance.

Tomorrow is another long day starting with 5:30am practice and ending at 7:45pm.  I am planning on spinning at the pool though.  I'll let you know how that goes.

1 comment: