Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Second Journey Begins

So, I've never done a blog before, as I've never seen a reason for anyone to listen to me rant.  However, I think I now have something I feel I can share.

I did my first Ironman in 2009 in Tempe, AZ.  It was such an awesome experience!  The whole environment was amazing, but being a competitive person, it was also very eye opening to what it takes to do your best.  I have now signed up for Ironman Texas for May 19, 2012.  I am very excited about the race and the months to come.

One of the things that "excites" me most is the obstacles that lie in my path.  I am a Math teacher as well as a swim coach.  Mondays/Wednesday and Friday's my day starts with 5:30-6:30am Masters Swim practice.  I then go straight to school.  I leave school around 3:30pm and go straight to the pool where I run age-group practice from 4-7:45pm.  Tuesdays and Thursdays I don't have morning practice, so I get to school by 7:30am and everything else is the same.  Fridays, I'm done by 6:45pm.  Weekends we have swim meets.

So you can see that I have very limited amounts of time with which to train.  I have however decided to make this a dedicated enterprise, with which I choose not to let it run my life and to make sure I still do fun, non-triathlon things.

It is my goal that through reading this, others my become inspired as to how they can make similar goals without giving up "fun" and more importantly family.

My next blog will be about my first Ironman performance and what my goal for Ironman Texas is.

I hope you enjoy my ramblings, and I do hope to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment